Apply for a Website on RohanCP
Websites may be hosted on RohanCP for faculty, Academic Affairs staff and departments. Student Organizations may be hosted through their organization’s faculty adviser. RohanCP provides virtual hosting at SDSU for websites using brief descriptive names. Good names are easy to type and help people remember your website. For example: infosys.sdsu.edu, music.sdsu.edu, chhs.sdsu.edu
Setting up virtual hosting is a two step process:
1) The RohanCP administrator will set up a RohanCP account using a unique website name.
2) The new website name is registered with the campus DNS servers by the IT Security Office.
Registering the your new website's name with the IT Security Office may take up to 5 days, but usually only takes one day. An email message will be sent to you when the setup has been completed.
Requesting A Website Name
- Choose a name that is not too long or confusing so folks can remember it.
- Use only letters (abc), numbers (123) and hyphens (-). Spaces are not allowed and the name can't begin or end with a hyphen.
- Your new website's name must be unique from others used at SDSU.
- Website names must end with .sdsu.edu
- Please verify your desired website name is available before submitting the request:
Request virtual hosting by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Campus Phone Number:
Using WordPress (yes/no):
If you are moving from a website on www-rohan.sdsu.edu and would like the contents copied to your new site, let us know. Faculty may request website redirects from old www-rohan.sdsu.edu URLs to their new website's URL. These redirects will remain in place after the ROHAN server is retired in June.
Off campus access to SSH, SFTP, cPanel, and wp-admin is limited to authorized IP Addresses. We strongly recommend using the campus VPN when away from campus to update your website. Contact your department for info on installing and using the campus Palo Alto VPN. The VPN doesn't care where you are, and provides secure access to SDSU computer systems as if you where on campus.
If you do not have the campus VPN software, we can allow access to RohanCP for updates from your IP address. Your IP Address is
Please note, if your off campus IP address changes, you will lose access if you are not using the campus VPN.