The Library has implemented a sign on system which requires a user ID and password in order to use computers. Yellow Community User computers for Internet access and email will continue to be provided for up to two (2) hours a day. However, because of software license agreements, access to software such as Microsoft Office will be limited to only students, staff, and faculty members with a current Red ID and Library PIN.
Alumni, Guest Borrowers, and Community users:
- Yellow Community User Internet only computers for research use can be found in our Library's Reference Services and Government Publications.
- You will have computer access two (2) hours per day
Students, Faculty, and Staff:
- Your Red ID and Library PIN will be required to use computers in Reference Services, Current Periodicals and Microforms, the Student Computer Center, and 24/7 Study Area in the Library.
- You will have computer access for four (4) hour blocks of time. This time can be extended.
What is a PIN?
- A PIN is required for online access to subscription library resources.
- A Library PIN is different from your SDSU identification number and your WebPortal/Blackboard password.
- Your PIN is used to access and use a variety of electronic library services including Circuit.
Create or Reset your Library PIN?
How many characters can I use?
- A PIN must be at least 8 characters long.
- A PIN must contain both alpha & numeric characters.
- Special characters (#@* etc.) are not allowed.
- Try to develop a PIN you will remember.
- The PIN must not contain common trivial patterns. For example:
- Do not use a character that is repeated three or more times (for example, aaaa, ababa, bbbb).
- Do not use a set of up to four characters that is repeated two or more times (for example, abab, abcabc, abcdabcd).