Library and Information Access appreciates the efforts of all who enter this facility to help maintain the equipment, furniture and collections for the enjoyment of all members of the SDSU community.
We offer three "food/drink friendly" locations to our patrons. For all other public areas of the Library, the consumption of food and drink (other than water in screw top bottles) is not allowed. The following are the "food/drink friendly" locations:
- The wireless laptop area in the basement of the Library Addition - the circular space (under the dome) immediately adjacent to the stairwells and the elevators.
- The large study lounge on the east side of the third floor, Love Library, between the stacks of Government Publications' materials..
- The 24/7 area on the second floor of Library Addition - except for the workstations and study rooms.
Thank you for not eating and drinking in other parts of the Library. You are doing your part to help maintain the Library's facilities so that we may all enjoy this building.
These are shared student resource. Please leave it in good condition for the next study group. Thank you.
These rooms are available to study groups of three or more students on a reservation basis. ID cards will be required. Rooms can be reserved up to one week in advance.
Library Addition, Second Floor, 24/7 Study Area
- Reserve up to one week in advance at the 24/7 Study Area Help Desk.
- Rooms LA2282A, B, and C are equipped with a Mac Mini attached to a LCD Monitor. A keyboard and mouse can be checked out at the 24/7 Study Area Help Desk.
- Rooms LA2282D and E, and LA2228F and G have Media:Scape that allows up to 6 laptops to be connected to a LCD Monitor.
- All rooms are equipped with whiteboard, study table, and chairs. Wireless connectivity is available.
Library Addition, Basement, Media Center
- Reserve up to one week in advance at the Media Center Desk or call 619-594-6757.
- LA63 - large presentation room for groups of six or more, needing multimedia services. Room capacity is 30-35 people.
- LA61G - available for groups of 3-4 needing multimedia services.
Available to study groups of three or more students on a first-come, first-use basis (no room reservations required). Rooms are equipped with table, chairs, and whiteboards.
This is a shared student resource. Please leave it in good condition for the next study group. Thank you.
Love Library, First Floor, Current Periodicals and Microforms Center
- Rooms LL143, 145, 147, 151, and 153.
Love Library, Third Floor
- Rooms LA 312, 314, 321, 323, 331, 333, 334, 336, 366, 369, 370, 372, 376, 378, 381, and 383.
Love Library, Fourth Floor
- Rooms LL420, 422, 428B, and 428C.
Love Library, Fifth Floor
- Rooms LL506A, 506B, 517, 518, 530, 530A, and 532.
Quiet study areas are available in Love Library on the first floor (off of the Donor Hall in room LL 108), and on the fifth floor. Please note that room LL 108 is used for special library events. Any closures will be posted in advance outside the room.
This is a shared student resource. Please leave it in good condition. Thank you.
Large numbers of table, chairs, and study carrels are available through out the Library Addition:
- Second Floor - 24/7 Study Area (this is a food friendly area)
- First Floor - Reference Services
- Basement - Laptop Lounge (this is a food friendly area)
and Love Library:
- First Floor
- Third Floor - includes a food friendly area
- Fourth Floor
- Fifth Floor