All Visitors Are Welcome to:
- Use books and materials in open collections within the library
- Use designated walk-up terminals to browse our holdings
- Access campus Wi-Fi
- Access most electronic resources within the library
- Access federal and state publications within the library
- Obtain research assistance
Public Use of Computers
The SDSU Library has walk-up terminals scattered throughout the two buildings where users may browse our physical collections.
Community users are welcome to bring their own laptops and use the SDSU wireless network. A simple registration procedure is required the first time of use.
Access to most of our subscription/licensed electronic databases is available onsite. Remote access is not permitted due to licensing restrictions. Free/No Subscription databases are available from anywhere. In addition, a wide variety of databases (with remote access) are available from your local public library (databases at San Diego City and San Diego County.)
Community users may become a lifetime member of the SDSU Alumni Association in order to check out up to five books at a time. Please see the Alumni Association site for more information on their membership.
Interlibrary loan is not available to community users, guests, or alumni.