Library Resources for Blackboard 9
Link to Databases
- Choose specific databases from this page: http://library.sdsu.edu/guides/dbaz.php
- Right click with your mouse on the name of a database
- Click on Copy Link Location or Address (wording varies depending on your web browser)
- From the Course Menu in Blackboard, choose the 'Library Resources' Content Area, if you have created one
- If you plan to add more than one database, consider adding a new folder called 'Library Databases' inside of the 'Library Resources' content area. To do this: Select 'Build Content,' 'New Page,' and 'Content Folder'
- In either the 'Library Resources' or 'Library Databases' folder, select 'Build Content,' 'Create,' and 'URL'
- Type "[Title of Database]" in the Name Field
- Press Ctrl-V to paste the URL into the URL field
- Click Submit
You can create links to specific databases to assist students in the research process.
Locate the database you want to add from the Library's website.
Please note: It is critical that you link to the database from the Library's website and not the general Internet.
How to integrate this into Blackboard: