Department Affiliation: Research & Instruction
Address: San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-8050
Mail Code: MC-8050
- Open Education Resources Librarian
- The Foundation for Grossmont and Cuyamaca Community College District , 2018-2018
- Adjunct Instruction Librarian
- Mesa Community College , 2017-2018
- Adjunct Faculty
- Grossmont Community College , 2017-2018
- Adjunct Librarian
- Grossmont Community College , 2016-2018
- Manager of Reference and Faculty Services-Library
- Ashford University and University of the Rockies Libraries, 2016-2018
- Online Associate Faculty
- Ashford University , 2015-2016
- Distance Education Librarian-Liaison College of Liberal Arts
- Ashford University , 2011-2016
- Master of Library and Information Science
- San Jose State University, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Studies
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2002
Selected Publications & Presentations
Contrino, J. & Nowicki, R. (2017, Nov.). Scope and Scale at the Library: Effective Innovations that Learners Choose. Presentation at the meeting of the Ashford Teaching and Learning Conference 2017, San Diego, CA.
Contrino, J. & Nowicki, R. (2017, April ). Filling the Gap: The Library’s Role in Developing an Information Literacy Course. Poster session presented at the meeting of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Academic Resource Conference, San Diego, CA.
Grossman , E. & Nowicki, R. (2016, April ). The Object of Learning Objects: Student Success On Specific Assignments.. Presentation at the meeting of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Academic Resource Conference, Garden Grove, CA.
White, K. & Nowicki, R. (2016, April ). Bridging the Gap: Connecting with Distance Students Through Instructional Webinars. Poster session presented at the meeting of the Distance Library Services Conference, Pittsburg, PA.
Sloan, M., Elizabeth, G., Emily, N., White , K., Haff, D., Contrino, J., Lewis, C., Nowicki, R., Edwards, C. & Howard, C. (2015, April ). Scaling Personalized Distance Learning Supports: Helping Each Student Feel S/He is the Center of the World. Presentation at the meeting of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Academic Resource Conference, Oakland< CA.
Butler, T., David, L., Nowicki, R. & Ashley, G. (2015, May). Librarians and Faculty Collaborating for Student Success (panel session) . Presentation at the meeting of the Association of College and Research Libraries LF-PEI Virtual Conference, Online.
Grossman , E., Nowicki, R. & Dana, H. (2014, May). Using Technology to Provide Reference Services to Online Students at Ashford University. Presentation at the meeting of the Special Libraries Association-San Diego chapter, San Diego, CA.See all library publications