Quick guide on finding articles for your final papers and projects.
- Go to: https://library.sdsu.edu
- Find the black search box in the center of the homepage
- Click the Articles Tab
- Type in your search terms
- Click Search
- Review the results list
When should I use Search Articles?
The Search Articles option will generate lists of articles on your topics from all types of periodicals including magazines, trade publications and journals. You'll be able to narrow the results by a variety of limits, and check for full text.
When should I use Article Databases?
Article databases allow you to do comprehensive, strategic and efficient searching of the literature of your discipline. The results will be more focused than if you use Search Articles.
General and Interdisciplinary Databases:
- Go to the Research Guides page
- Look at the Guides by College or Discipline, and choose one which best fits with your class or project.
- Click on the Articles tab on any subject guide to get suggestions on the best subject databases to search.
Accessing Databases from Off-Campus
When you attempt to access one of the databases or journal collections on-line through the library’s webpage you will be asked to authenticate with your SDSUid and password.
If you run into problems please contact the Online Computer Hub Help.
Questions? Email email@example.com
image credit: CC by Flickr User: PhotoSteve101
Research Services Contact
Location: Library Addition, 1st Floor
Phone 619.594.6728 Text: 619.567.9743