Student Assistant for Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Business Data (EMBD) Librarian
Collaborate with the Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Business Data (EMBD) Librarian to develop online courses and interactive exercises that follow best practices and standards, including ADA awareness.
- Familiarly with Blackboard LMS
- Ability to collaborate with supervisor, students, faculty and staff
- Knowledge of American Disability Act as it pertains to online learning
- Demonstrated experience or coursework with web design graphics, code scripting and/or animation (Flash) skills
- Ability to evaluate new technologies
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Student-focused attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Application Procedure: Apply online at Aztec Career Connection.
Required Application Documents: Submit cover letter, resume and student assistant application by Friday, March 27, 2015 for first consideration. Incomplete application documents will not be considered. Reviews will begin immediately with a potential hire date of Monday, March 2nd.
Student Assistant Positions
The Student Assistant position has closed for the Spring Semester. We will begin accepting application for student employment for the Fall 2015 semester in July.
Applications for the Spring 2015 semester will be accepted from December 12, 2014 - February 3, 2015.
Applications will be accepted electronically only. Read below for information.
The Library accepts applications for student assistant positions ONLY during the library application period for each semester/term.
To apply for a student assistant position download the PDF "SA Application" at the bottom of this page. You must save the SA application to your computer or a USB drive, then close the browser window and reopen the SA application using Adobe Acrobat. If you do not do this, your application will be blank when it is received.
When you have completed the application, please Email to the Library Administration Office: email@example.com with First Name.Last Name; SA Application; Semester/Year in the subject line: ie. (Joe.Smith SA Application Spring 2015).
- Please note, you must be enrolled in at least 6.0 units (undergraduate) or 5.0 units (graduate) in order to be eligible for student employment at SDSU.
- If you are eligible for Federal Work Study, please indicate this clearly on your application. You may find your award in your WebPortal. If you can not find the amount of your award, please mark "pending" in the appropriate blank of the form.
Interview Process (Unit Supervisors)
- Vacancies are determined by the unit supervisors. Unit supervisors review the applications in order to match skills, experience, and schedules of applicants with their particular needs. Unit supervisors are also responsible for contacting applicants to schedule interviews for any vacancies in their units.
- When you are contacted by a supervisor to come in for an interview, be sure to note the name of the supervisor and the room number where your interview will be held. The Library Administration office does not have this information.
- If you are hired, you must provide the following items:
- SDSU photo I.D.
- Original Social Security Card (you cannot work without this)
- Work Study Certification Card (Work Study Students Only)
- International Students may have to provide additional documents
Keeping Your Application Active
The majority of vacancies occur during the first month of the semester; however student assistants are hired throughout the semester as vacancies occur. It is important, therefore, that your application contain current information, particularly your telephone number and e-mail address.
If you have a change of address, phone number, or class schedule, please revise your application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you have revised your application.
Applications are kept on file for one semester only. If you are hired outside the library, please let us know so we can remove your application from our files.
Tips and information:
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a position (please understand that openings are scarce and the competition is intense).
- Read the instructions for the application; every question needs to be answered.
- Your probability for being hired increases with your schedule availability, and with the ability to write about yourself (applications with blanks normally go unnoticed). Attaching a resume is not required.
We offer internship opportunities for library school students and others.
Open Staff positions may be viewed at the SDSU Center for Human Resources. You must apply for all positions through the Center for Human Resources.
Open Library Administration positions may be viewed at the SDSU Center for Human Resources. You must apply for all positions through the Center for Human Resources.
More information on our temporary librarian pool is available.
Tenure Track Positions
Undergraduate Success Librarian with additional responsibilities as a subject liaison to Chicana/o Studies, Spanish and Portuguese, and Latin American Studies.
This full-time, tenure-track faculty position will coordinate library instruction for undergraduate writing courses and develop programs that support the needs of Hispanic college students. In addition to participating as a general reference librarian, the Undergraduate Success Librarian is responsible for providing reference and research consultation; developing and implementing instructional programs and materials; maintaining and building library collections; and planning and fostering outreach to the departments of Chicana/o Studies, Spanish, Portuguese, and Latin American Studies. As a faculty member, the Undergraduate Success Librarian will be expected to engage in professional growth activities and participate in the shared governance of San Diego State University by serving on library, campus-wide, and California State University committees as needed.
To view a complete job description and instructions for the application procedures, visit: http://apply.interfolio.com/28715.