The purpose of the San Diego State University Library & Information Access’ (henceforth referred to as “the Library”) promotional media is to promote awareness of and enhance access to Library services and resources. Promotions that do not connect to the Library’s resources, events, services, and announcements are restricted to limited areas (described below in the “University-Related Marketing the Library” section). Exceptions may be made for university-mandated communications. If you are interested in collaborating with the Library on an event, please contact the Library’s Communication Team at email@example.com or the Library liaison that works with your College/Department/Office.
Library Advertising Guidelines
Some examples of media restricted to Library-related promotions are:
- The video screen above the Research Services Desk on the first floor of the Library Addition
- The Library’s various poster frames
- The Library exhibit cases on the first floor of Library Addition, in the Donor Hall, and on the first floor of Love Library
- The desktop screen and the screensavers of all Library computers
- The Library public announcement system
- The Library’s website, newsletters, and blog posts
- Any print media (bookmarks, handouts, etc.) at the Library’s service desks
- Windows, walls, service desks, and other physical Library spaces (including group study rooms, classrooms, labs, etc.)
University-Related Advertising in the Library
The Library receives many requests from campus organizations, offices, and individuals to post advertising that does not connect to the Library’s services or resources. To accommodate these requests, promotional flyers for university-related advertising (not connected to the Library’s services or resources) may be posted on designated bulletin boards in the building. Such flyers are limited to one per bulletin board and will be taken down after the date of the event they advertise. These bulletin boards are in the following locations:
- 2nd floor of Library Addition near the entrance to the 24/7 Study area
- 2nd floor of Love Library near the entrance to the Library Computing Hub
Individuals and/or groups are strictly forbidden from distributing commercial advertising literature on Library property, circulating or posting petitions, or soliciting funds for any purpose.