Alumni & Community Users
All Visitors Are Welcome to:
- Use books and materials in open collections within the library
- Use designated walk-up terminals to browse our physical holdings
- Access campus guest WiFi on their own device
- Access most electronic resources within the library using their own WiFi capable device
- Access federal and state publications within the library
- Obtain research assistance
Public Use of Computers
The SDSU Library has walk-up terminals scattered throughout the two buildings where users may browse our physical collections. Guests may use the guest WiFi on their own device to browse databases and online content. The library does not currently have computers available for guest use.
Community users are welcome to bring their own laptops and use the SDSU wireless network. A simple registration procedure is required the first time of use.
Access to most of our subscription/licensed electronic databases is available onsite via the guest WiFi using your own device. Remote access is not permitted due to licensing restrictions. Free/No Subscription databases are available from anywhere. In addition, a wide variety of databases (with remote access) are available from your local public library (databases at San Diego City and San Diego County.)
Community users may become a lifetime member of the SDSU Alumni Association in order to check out up to five books at a time. Please see the Alumni Association site for more information on their membership.
Interlibrary loan is not available to community users, guests, or alumni.