Hours of availability:
SDSU librarians may not be available during some hours of the day to answer your questions. However, there will be a professional librarian (often from another academic institution) available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to work with you on your research question.
Please enter the information requested on the right hand side of your browser window:
- The 'Email Address' field is recommended because at the conclusion of the session a complete transcript, including all chat and links to Web sites visited, will be emailed to you. However, you may leave that field blank.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, or Netscape 6.01 or below , and have "session cookies" enabled in your browser, the librarian should be able to take you to various Web sites to show you the answers. We will be able to "chat" with you in real time and send you Web pages via your browser during the session.
- If you are a MAC user we will be able to send you web pages, but you will not be able to take us to other websites during the session.
- We are prepared to answer reference questions and provide brief information about your local library. The normal session is less that 15 minutes. The librarian can either give you the answer, or show you how to find the answer yourself next time, if you like.
- For technical problems or support, please use our feedback form. If you include your email address or telephone number we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Please do not try to bookmark (add to favorites) or print anything during the session! At the end of the session, you will receive a list of live links, which will allow you to go back and visit all of the pages the librarian showed you. You can bookmark anything you want at that time. If you try to bookmark during the session, you may experience a disconnect.
- Once you have clicked the connect button on the right side of your browser window, please do not use your browser's "forward", or "refresh" buttons, or you will be disconnected. There are forward, back and refresh buttons within the software's shared webpage frame that you can use. If you must open a second browser for any reason while connected, please use the "start" menu or taskbar shortcut, not control "n" or File "new". If you do so, you will crash.