UPDATED 3/20/20: Students may still request to borrow hardware at https://sa.sdsu.edu/ecrt
- 24/7 Librarian help is available through our online chat service. You can also leave a voicemail message at 619-594-6728, text 619-304-1820, and email email@example.com.
- The Computing Hub is available through online chat, by phone 619-594-3189, and email firstname.lastname@example.org, Current hours are Mon - Thurs 8 am - 7 pm, Fri 8 am - 3 pm, Sat - Sun noon - 6 pm.
- Course reserves
- Returning books and technology (media equipment, etc)
- Due dates have been extended to June 1.
- Interlibrary loan books are now due June 5. If you return any in the book drop outside the library, please mark them as an interlibrary loan. They will not be returned in the system until staff are back in the building.
- Interlibrary loan
- Articles and book chapters: You may request PDFs for items we don't own in full text. Please request each book chapter separately.
- Books: We will try to purchase in electronic format if available on a platform we subscribe to. This will take at least 2 weeks to process.
- Physical interlibrary loan is suspended, including requesting materials from Circuit and CSU+.
- If you have an interlibrary loan book waiting on the hold shelf, we'll hang onto it at least until June 5.
- Access to all of our physical collections is suspended.
- Special Collections and University Archives can be reached at email@example.com. They do not have access to the collections, and so cannot scan materials.
- Physical access to Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) materials is paused while the library is closed. Several FDLP materials are available online and accessible via SDSU Library’s OneSearch. For additional FDLP resources check out the FDLP LibGuide.
- Our Digital Collections contain SDSU theses, syllabi, course catalogs, student newspapers, yearbooks, and thousands of SDSU photos.
- As of 3/27/20, we have 34 new trial databases that allow us free access to resources in areas such as art, fashion, design, film, and theater. Take a look!
SDSU Writing Center Hours of Operation
The Writing Center will remain open for the spring semester with online-only appointments. The hours will remain the same: Mon-Wed 9 am to 8 pm, Thur 9-5 pm, and Fri, 9 am-2 pm.
All online tutoring will be synchronous so students will need to make appointments during these hours and meet with their tutors at the time of the appointment through our tutoring system, WCOnline. Information about online tutoring is available here: https://writingcenter.sdsu.edu/online_tutoring.html.
Any questions can be directed to the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDSU VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistant) is Closed
Under the directive of the SDSU President, SDSU VITA is closed effectively immediately. Please visit the Fowler College of Business' VITA page for more information.
Library Event Cancellations
Please visit the Library Event Calendar for more information on cancelled and postponed events.
Library Computing Hub Technical Support is available via email, phone, and as staffing permits, through live chat.
Online databases are accessible both on and off campus, with many articles available as PDFs.