Apply for a Website on RohanCP
Websites may be hosted on RohanCP for faculty, Academic Affairs staff and departments. Student Organizations may be hosted through their organization’s faculty adviser. RohanCP provides virtual hosting at SDSU for websites using brief descriptive names. Good names are easy to type and help people remember your website. For example: infosys.sdsu.edu, music.sdsu.edu, chhs.sdsu.edu
Email accounts are NOT provided by RohanCP. Faculty and Staff should obtain GMail accounts (@sdsu.edu) from the ETCS Help Desk.
Setting up virtual hosting is a two step process:
1) The RohanCP administrator will set up a RohanCP account using a unique website name.
2) The new website name is registered with the campus DNS servers by the IT Security Office.
Registering the your new website's name with the IT Security Office may take up to 5 days, but usually takes one day. You will be notified via email when the setup is complete. An SSL certificate will be automatically generated for your new website overnight once the website is registered. RohanCP uses HTTPS encryption for all websites.
Requesting A Website Name
- Choose a name that is not too long or confusing so folks can remember and actually type it.
- Use only letters (abc), numbers (123) and hyphens (-). Spaces are not allowed and the name can't begin or end with a hyphen.
- Your new website's name must be unique from others used at SDSU.
- Please verify your desired website name is available. Typing .sdsu.edu is optional:
Request virtual hosting by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
Campus Phone Number:
Using WordPress (yes/no):
Off campus access to SSH, SFTP, cPanel, and wp-admin is limited to the campus network and the VPN. We require using the campus VPN when away from campus to update your website. Contact your department for info on installing and using the campus Palo Alto VPN. The VPN doesn't care where you are, and provides secure access to SDSU computer systems as if you where on campus.
ROHAN was retired on June 5, 2017. Faculty may request website redirects from old ROHAN URLs to a website hosted on RohanCP.