Hosted websites must not collect or store credit card or any type of protected data. The Library does not assume responsibility for securing this information.
Websites may be hosted on RohanCP for faculty, Academic Affairs staff and departments. Student Organizations may be hosted through their organization’s faculty adviser. RohanCP provides virtual hosting at SDSU for websites using brief descriptive names. Good names are easy to type and help people remember your website. For example: fep.sdsu.edu, music.sdsu.edu, chhs.sdsu.edu
The campus VPN must be used when off campus to update your website. Contact your department for info on installing and using the campus GlobalProtect VPN. The VPN extends the campus network to your computer, providing secure access to SDSU computer systems as if you where on campus.
Setting up a website is a four step process:
1) The new website name is registered with the campus DNS servers by the IT Security Office. This may take up to 5 days.
2) The RohanCP administrator will set up a RohanCP account associated with the website name, and a self-signed SSL certificate.
3) AutoSSL replaces the self-signed certificate with a Comodo SSL certificate. This typically takes about an hour.
4) Create your website. 403 Forbidden or 404 Not Found pages will be displayed until content is created.
You will be notified via email with your RohanCP login credentials once the DNS registration is complete.
Choose A Website Name
- Choose a name that is not too long or confusing so folks can remember and actually type it.
- Use only letters (abc), numbers (123) and hyphens (-). Spaces are not allowed and the name can't begin or end with a hyphen.
- Your new website's name must be unique from others used at SDSU.
- Please verify your desired website name is available. Typing .sdsu.edu is optional:
Requesting A Website
Request a website by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Campus Phone Number:
Email Address (*@sdsu.edu):
Using WordPress (yes/no):