How to Checkout Equipment
All equipment is available for checkout at the Circulation Desk. Please check the equipment categories below to learn more about our offerings and their availability.
For questions about equipment loan policies, or about picking up and returning equipment, contact the Circulation Desk by phone at (619) 594-6793 and via email at [email protected].
- 4 hour loan period for most smaller media equipment items (calculators, CD/DVD drives, card readers, and chargers)
- 4 hour loan period for ALL Media Reserve items
- 3 day loan period for media projectors and projector screen
- 7 day loan period for most cameras, camcorders, audio mics, laptops, and tablets
- 7 day loan period for cables and adapters
- 30 days for all circulating media items (no renewals)
- Semester Checkout Laptops
- No immediate (back-to-back) renewals for media equipment
- Wait times for renewals:
- 20 minutes for 2-4 hr loans
- 1 hour for 24 hour loans
- 1 day for 3-day and longer loans
- Media materials (CDs, DVDs, Video cassettes): $1.00 a day for each overdue item
- Media reserves: $1.00 an hour for each overdue item
- Media equipment (4 hour loans): $1.00 an hour for each overdue item
- Media equipment (3 day loans): $15.00 a day for each overdue item
- Media equipment (7 day loans): $15.00 a day for each overdue item
- Media Reserves include media materials placed on reserve by faculty for use within Research Services
- Listening and viewing equipment available for all formats in Research Services
- (Currently N/A) Media Presentation Room accommodates up to 15 individuals for media presentation design and preparation in a group study environment
- Assistance is available for retrieving materials from Circulation's Collection
Have a suggestion?
What do you like? What do you dislike? What would you like for us to have? Send us your suggestions.