The Library and Information Access has both open study rooms that can be used on a first-come, first-use basis, and rooms that can be reserved for 3 or more students. Study room use is available to SDSU students, faculty and staff only. Reservations for special study rooms require a current RedID for use. Individuals or 3rd party entities not affiliated with the university will be asked to vacate these areas.
Walk-in Study Rooms
Love Library, 3rd Floor
- Rooms LL312, 314, 321, 323, 331, 333, 334, 336, 366, 369, 370, 372, 376, 378, 381, 383, 385, and 387.
Love Library, 4th Floor
- Rooms LL418, 420, 422, 428B, 428C, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, and 471.
Love Library, 5th Floor
- Rooms LL517, 530, 530A, 532 and 582.
SDSU Library has study spaces all throughout Love Library and Library Addition and they operate on the same first-come, first-use basis.
24/7 Study Area
The 24/7 Study Area, located on the 2nd floor of the Library Addition, is a computer lab with group study rooms and a help desk. Access to this area is restricted to current SDSU students/faculty/staff when the rest of the library is closed (for instance between midnight and 7 am during the week). Security guards will check for SDSU IDs during that time.
The following areas are designated quiet study areas:
Love Library (LL), 5th Floor
- Entire 5th floor of Love Library
Library Addition (LA), 2nd Floor
- Around the corner in the 24/7 Study Area, Room LA2203
Other Study Areas
- Basement - Laptop Lounge (food-friendly)
- 1st Floor - Research Services
- 2nd Floor, 24/7 Study Area (food-friendly)
- 1st Floor - Chicana/o Collection
- 3rd Floor - Study Lounge (food-friendly)
- 4th Floor
- 5th Floor - Quiet Study
Food/Drink Friendly Areas
As part of the phased reopening of the University Library during Summer 2021, there is no eating allowed in library public spaces. While drinking from an approved container in the library (i.e., a bottle with a cover or replaceable lid), please adhere to university policies designed to promote public health by lowering your facial covering only to take your drink and then replacing your facial covering.