Return & Renew Materials
All San Diego State Library materials may be returned to the circulation desk. Return receipts are available upon request. For borrowers' convenience, book returns are available for use both during and after hours. Materials returned after the circulation desk closes may not be checked in until the next day the library is open. Recalled items are due by the recall due date before the circulation desk closes.
Materials That Must be Returned to Original Checkout Desk:
- Reserve materials
- Non-book items (e.g. audio/video tapes and disks, microfiche, CD-Roms, maps, DVDs, equipment)
- Fragile materials
Book Return Methods
Campus book returns are found on the outside of the library and in front of the Arts and Letters Building. Library book returns are located near the main entrance of the Library Addition (Dome), at the entrance of the Library Computing Hub, and on the north side of the Love Library.
View the book return locations in Google Maps:
The drive-up book returns are located near the corner of Hardy Avenue and Campanile Drive in front of the SDSU Gateway Center.
View the drive-up book return location in Google Maps:
Please remember that books remain your responsibility until they are received and checked in at a circulation desk. If you are out of town, avoid late charges by maintaining your current email and postal mail address with the University, keeping up with the status of the materials you have checked out, and allowing sufficient time for return by mail.
Shipping through the United State Postal Service by "Media Mail" is a cost effective way to ship books back to the library. More information can be found at https://www.usps.com/ship/mail-shipping-services.htm.
If you return a book by mail, be aware that it may take more time than you expect to reach the library. Mail comes to campus, then to the library, and then to the circulation desk. University staff may accept delivery of an item a day or two in advance of its being checked in at the library circulation desk. Using a form of mail that allows you to track a package will help you know it has been delivered.
SDSU Library And Information Access
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182
- Go to OneSearch.
- Click on My Account at the top of the screen.
- Choose Student and Employee login.
- Enter your SDSUid and password, and click the Login button.
- Click the Loans link.
- All of the items that are currently checked out on your record will display along with the current due date.
- Select either RENEW ALL or RENEW SELECTED ITEMS (Items with the box checked).
- * NOTE: If you have books due on more than one due date, we recommend choosing the option to RENEW SELECTED ITEMS.
- For each successful renewal, you will see the message "DUE mm-dd-yy RENEWED Now due mm-dd-yy Renewed 1 time."